Thursday, March 31, 2011

The gardening continued


So here I am again to see if the rest of my pictures will post :P

< These are mainly cherry tomato plants with one or two cilantro at the bottom. Not to mention the bigger blue planter with two baby plants are large tomato.
These from left to right are purple basil ^^^^^^^^^(some of them turned out green which confused me? but whatever) and the right are all cilantro. and hey you see my feet in the picture too whoops!
Now below are five sunflower plants propped up by the closest thing I could get my hands on to prop them up! Pencils annd some sticks found in the yard.Tied with none other than random bits of yarn. Which worked pretty well.
Now after I Realized that I would have to re-pot my plants I looked around for pots....which go figure we didn't have in my house! So being the homeschooler I am I "fixed it" with random bottoms of bottles I cut out which worked pretty well actually....Some fruit tray bottoms, bottom of a orange juice bottle and bottom of a milk bottle, greek yogurt containers, hummus containers and like a 3 dollar stack of 10 peat pots (also made my jiffy) which i mostly used for the baby tomato plants because when they get big enough I can just plant the pot and all because it will disintegrate. So yay!!!!

I also bought on a trip to lowes for potting soil. A rasberry bush, two tristan strawberry plants and yellow tulips!
I have the two strawberries in hanging baskets because they were just the right size :) not to mention they are just adorable. I haven't moved the tulips from the original pot they came in : / I haven't found a place I want to put them yet -sigh- Might have to wait until they die down to plant the bulbs. Because I would just hate to spoil these beautiful flowers Its been giving me :) they smell good too.
Now the rasberry bush lol I lied its really a twig in the big pot we got it XD thats how it came anyway. But It has a cute little bud popping up :) Sooooooooo exciting. I convinced owen we absolutely had to get it now because A) its my favorite fruit....B) by the time we move out it will be all growneded up/not so vulnerable and we'll have a place for it to flourish forever :D
So anyway thats what I've done soooo far :) I'll have more posts showing the progress of my plants and more stuff on my car n whatever stuff :P thanks for reading much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment